Tuesday, December 23, 2014

OK / ওকে



Come tomorrow Ok? 
Same time. Same place. 
No, wait not the same place. He may be there. 
Come over there..a few steps away from the paanipuri wala..that place where I found you smoking the first day. 
Yes, yes that’s the place where you were waiting for me when I was pretending to be loyal to my boyfriend. 
Correct. That place. Yes it’s the same place. Yes, that’s where I usually lie. 
Yeah, I kinda pretend first, then I lie, then I get over it and change the topic..and then it’s all ok. 
It’s perfectly ok. Arrey, I am telling you naa.. It’s all ok...Are you ok?

**


ওকে বলো ও.কে. বললেই সমস্ত ঠিক আছে এমনটি নয়। সাহেবের ওকে’র তেজ আর বাঙালির ওকের তেজ এক নয়। সাহেবের ওকে মশাল, বাঙালির ওকে পিদিম। সাহেবের ওকে তরবারি, বাঙালির ওকে খুন্তি। সাহবের ওকে জলভরা সন্দেশ, বাঙালির ওকে নকুলদানা। টেক্সচারে ফারাক রয়েছে। সাহেব ওকে বললে মানে বিলকুল ঠিক, বাঙালির ওকেতে সন্দিহান ঠিক রয়েছে। তফাৎ ইজ দেয়ার।

“আই অ্যাম ওকে, বাট ললিতা, ওকে আজ চলে যেতে বল না”। এই হল বাঙালির ওকের উচ্চতা।

“হ্যালো মা! চিন্তা করো না! হ্যাঁ। আমি। আরে অ্যাম ওকে! কেন যে এত চিন্তা কর! এ সামান্য দু’দিনের শরীর খারাপ। আলসার। ডাক্তার বলছে মাস খানেক রেস্ট্রিকশনে থাকলেই সব ঠিক হয়ে যাবে”, নির্দয় বায়প্সি রিপোর্ট হাতে ফোনের ওপার পুত্রের স্নেহময় আকুতি। হি ইজ নট ওকে ইউ নো।

No comments:

Post a Comment